First of all, thank you for deciding to contribute to React Advanced Form! It is only by the power of the community we can achieve great results.
A good place to start is to ensure you are familiar with the technologies used in React Advanced Form.
Please read and respect the internal agreements listed below. The latter are to ensure the quality and seamless coding approach during the development of the library.
- Please do not version the changes you provide. Versioning happens by the repository's owners after your changes are merged into the
.jsxextension for React components.
.spec.jssuffix for the test files.
- 5.Once the review is passed, merge your pull request or ask somebody else to do so. Your contribution is now merged into the
masterand prepared for the next release!
- 1.Create a new branch with the proper prefix. Use
featureprefix for new features,
bugfixfor bugfixes and
devfor internal (i.e. architectural) improvements. Examples:
- 2.Contribute the changes.
- 3.Add the changes with
- 4.Commit the changes with
git checkout masterand
git pull --rebaseto pull the latest changes from the
git checkout PREFIX/YOUR_FEATURE_BRAHCand
git rebase masterto ensure your feature branch is up-to-date.
- 8.Pass the code review and implement possible suggestions and comments from the repository's maintainers and owners.
git clone https://github.com/kettanaito/react-advanced-form.git
Start the development process by executing the following command in the terminal:
Development process generally consist of the following steps:
- 1.Create a test scenario (story) to test your changes.
- 2.Import a source fields of the library into the created story.
- 3.Develop with live updates.
IT IS MANDATORY TO COVER YOUR CHANGES WITH THE CORRESPONDING TESTS.
Depending on the character of your changes, it may be a unit test(s), integration test(s), or both.
Each your commit is followed by an automated build and tests run toward your changes. It is only when the build succeeded and all tests passed your commit is being created. Make sure to fix all the issues which may happen during this process.
Create a new pull request featuring your changes in the RAF repository. Assign the pull request to one of the library owners or contributors and await for the comment or approval. Pull request are merged into
masterbranch by its reviewer.
Above there are the guidelines for the development contribution, but that isn't the only way you can make RAF better:
Each of your contributions matters! Thank you.